A few of us are starting a "plan" and it involves shifting some inches.
We start tomorrow.
Here's my motivation. Let's call it Motivation Monday shall we....... or will I get in trouble because that already exists *commercial break while New Mum Online goes and checks* [talk amongst yourselves for a moment]...... hhhhhm it does.... wouldn't you know it, it's already done here.
Well does it have to have a name.....?
Here are my reasons to shed some fat.
- Just look at this photo! Look at the arms on that! This is a zoomed in version of the photo I used for the "green" post that I submitted for last week's "The Gallery". Everyone left sympathetic comments that I looked great and that my arms weren't big, so I thought I would magnify the situation to help it drum home, to me at least [thanks for your kind words though...].
- When I went shopping for my return to work clothes (after maternity leave) the size 16s wouldn't fit...... but I bought them anyway... ooopsss. Husband does NOT know that.... he looked after Aaron while I shopped and it was a VERY tense weekend to say the least. Although the whole day was about shopping, I only left them alone in a cafe in Debenhams for ONE HOUR. By the way the husband greeted me upon my return you would have thought I'd left them for a whole day.... I didn't dare tell him that I'd bought jeans that I would have to shrink into.... the shrinking needs to commence... I have been wearing OLD jeans to work. I wouldn't mind but I left them BOTH with food....
- The husband was watching a home video the other day... he told me about it that night and I said what were you watching THAT for? In THAT video I was the fattest I have ever been. He looked shocked, and gave me a wake up call. He informed me that I am bigger NOW ......... WTF!!!!!
- I'd like to have pride in myself - I don't have that when I am the size I am now. We watched a home video yesterday of our time in Japan in 2004, and I didn't recognise myself.... I looked GOOD. VERY good and it made me sad as it was like I was looking at a different person.........
- When Aaron is old enough to care about what people look like I want him to be proud of his Mummy and not embarassed if she is waiting at the school gates.
It's not even baby weight as I looked better in December than I do now. In August the Dr weighed me at 88 kg, whereas a few weeks ago the Dr weighed me at 95 kg WTF!!!!!!!!!
Let the weight loss commence..... I NEVER thought that would be a topic on here, that was what Liska Life (my old blog) was for.....
These ladies are starting a plan with me. Tell us about it ladies:
Claire has now joined us after reading the above. She wrote this fabulous post and can be found at