One, it is too long since I have participated in R2BC; two, I need to find some reasons to be cheerful, what with the weather, and having been made redundant; three, might be nice to ponder on what has made me cheerful here in Ireland (nice to appreciate the holiday DURING the holiday rather than on reflection at home); and four, Michelle inspired me with her post.
So here goes:
- Aaron is simply loving the open space, and the many, varied opportunities to get outside.
- He's loving spending time with my Mum and my cousin Michelle.
- I am getting a bit of a chance to chill, in the sense that my Mum is doing all the housework, as we are staying with her, so I just have the usual work of chasing a two year old, but without the added extra of domestic "bliss" - oh the irony!
- I'm in Ireland and I simply LOVE Ireland, having spent ALL my childhood school holidays here, having had my 21st birthday party here AND my wedding.
- The swimming pool is literally across the road from my Mum's - for obvious reasons I have no photos from there :-(
- We still have a while yet, as we are not going back till Monday.
- Despite having been made redundant, I don't feel spooked out at not being employed. I don't know if God is looking after me, or if I am just being brave, but I thought I would be in a complete panic yet I am okay! I am enjoying this opportunity to let one phase/era get out of my system before a new one begins. And although I have ALWAYS been financially independent having put myself through university, it is not spooking me that for the 1st time in 24 years I do not have a job! eeek! no I am okay ;-)
- I felt okay before I had the astrological birth chart reading but that confirmed that I am allowed to have this down time before rushing into anything.