It was Kate On Thin Ice tweeting about #R2BC that reminded me it is that time of week.
So what are mine?
- Spending quality time with my nieces and nephews, Saturday Sunday and Monday. I have already written 2 blog posts about it. I also spent time with them before going to Ireland. Aaron loves them so so so much as do I. They are such well behaved beautiful children.
- I am so happy that I was able to give them some wonderful memories in what was proving a boring school Summer holiday.
- Going swimming with all of them Sunday showed me (1) how great the pool in Tottenham Leisure Centre is (2) how much Aaron's confidence in the water has come on, as a result of our swimming trips in Ireland, and (3) how perceptions can be so wrong - i.e. the pool in Tottenham is LEAPS ahead of our 3 local pools - who'd have guessed!?!?!?!? The above photo does not do it justice as it has a toddler (elephant) slide at the end not shown in the photo which my 2 year old Aaron loved as did my 4 year old niece. It is so near the edge of the water that you land and splash in just a few centimetres of water which is fun AND safe. Fun Swim Sessions are available on school holidays Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 1.00pm to 3.00pm and 3.15pm to 5.15pm. These sessions are priced at £4.50 for adults and £2.30 for children. We went to the Sunday 3.15 to 5.15 session and loved it!
- I am kind of glowing at the moment - don't know why but I FEEL like something good is round the corner. I am still in a state of limbo though, having been made redundant on 5th July - after working for 24 years it is kind of odd to say the least, and I don't yet know where I am headed next.
- I am very cheerful that I have found my dowsing crystal this morning. Since I got back from Ireland Friday I have not been able to locate it, and it is a great tool when I am undecided about something. I even chose the winner for my Champneys competition using it. It never lets me down :-) and always turns out to be correct about things too!
- Me and the nieces/nephew and of course Aaron are going to Brighton for the day this weekend and we can't wait. 2 of my sister-in-laws are coming too, one of which is their Mum. It will be a superb day out and I am very excited.
- What else am I cheerful about? On the one hand I am gutted that after getting my daily page views up to 1-2k they were back down to 300 a day the other day, due to my neglecting my blog whilst in Ireland, but the good news is the target I set myself is 500 a day (since redundancy) and I am back to hitting that for the last 2 days. There is no reason for this arbitrary target other than having something to "achieve" now that I don't have a job :-)
- I am cheerful that I am currently having a quality relationship with my Mum and Dad. They are both being superb at the moment. I talk to my Mum about 3 times a day by phone and I could NOT have got through the last few months without her - thank you Mum I love you.
- I am cheerful that today is Aaron's last day at nursery for the week. He cried all 3 mornings when I dropped him off (not like him) due to the quality time we've had in the last few weeks (trip to Ireland and nursery was closed for those 2 weeks). Bless him, I will give him lots of cuddles over the long weekend and he will have quality time with his cousins once again. We have to enjoy them as they'll be back to school soon.