100 Word Challenge

It is weeks since I have taken part in the 100 Word Challenge but I saw that Midlife Single Mum had done so, so here I am.

The prompt for the 100 words is this photo:



Every hurtful comment, every action that shows a lack of understanding, all the evidence of a lack of empathy, all bring me closer to the edge.

I look down, and all I see is a big drop.  I look forward and just see the sea.  I look back and it is all just stone, and a cold terrain.

The atmosphere is barren; my mind is at a loss.

The emptiness and silence is deafening.

The only green shoots are too far away to touch!

Life is cold and threatening.  The drop seems welcoming.

The cold water seems to beckon me...

***************

"Take two" based on feedback given in the comments below, from this blogger.  I have now rewritten as follows:
Hurtful comments, actions born from a complete lack of understanding, no attempt at any empathy, void of all respect, all bring me closer to the edge.

I look down, and all I see is a big drop.  I look forward and just see the sea.  I look back and it is all just stone, and a cold terrain.

The atmosphere is barren; my mind is at a loss.

The emptiness and silence is deafening.

The only green shoots are too far away to touch!

Life is cold and threatening.  The drop seems welcoming.

The cold water seems to beckon me...