Girls Day for Eliza's birthday



Since the first week I arrived in Muscat and I met my new friend Eliza she can't get rid of me even if she tried, lol. Today was Eliza's 25th birthday and to celebrate we had a lovely girls day out.

We headed to 'Just Grilled' in Shatti for a birthday lunch. The food was delicious and it was such a nice day to sit outside.




We both had the Greek chicken salad and shared some spring rolls, yummy!! It's rare to find a good salad here, nothing tastes right but this was fresh and tasty.

On a Sunday nights from 7pm they do a Ladies Night with 50% off food for women, I will be going back for sure!



Then after lunch we headed for some proper pampering at Ayana Spa! You have maybe seen the signs above Al Fair in Shatti Al Qurum, near McDonalds and Baskin Robbins. It doesn't look much from the road above a supermarket but we were pleasantly surprised, it a quiet and tranquil place to relax!

This was us in our robes before our treatments:




I booked myself in for two treatments..
Sweedish Massage- "Traditional Sweedish Massage consisits of long strokesover the body kneading the outer layers of muscle tissues" 60 minutes for 20 rials/£32
Get this if you love a good all over massage that isn't too rough.
Don't get this if you are a prude, there was only about 6 square inches of my body that were not touched.

Indian Head Massage- "Practiced for over a 1000 years, this massage is based on Ayurvedic healing that 
unblocks energy channels using Jasmine oil" 30 minutes for 11 rials/£17
Get this if, like me, you love having your hair played with and head rubbed.
Don't get this if you don't like having your hair pulled LOL.


When I was sitting waiting for The Birthday girl to finish her treatments one of the ladies brought me a pillow, a hot oat bag for round my neck and a cup of Green Tea.



Ladies of Muscat you should check out Ayana Spa's website for their extensive list of treatments, I will definitely be going back...if my generous hubby funds it of course ;)

Hopefully the birthday girl enjoyed her day out, the presents and will now sleep soundly tonight after the massage, it's back to boot camp tomorrow eeekkkk!!