Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeee!

Congratulations to me! I have officially reached that mile stone of a quarter century, it wasn't a joyful occasion but it didn't hurt quite as much as I had expected leaving the "18-24" demographic.

It kind of feels like a small accomplishment that I have made it this far and breathing on my own for a whole 25 years straight! My hope is that now I am the big 2-5 people might take me more seriously, I am a proper adult, I am married for goodness sake! I still get the "What does she know, she's just a child" malarky, probably because I am considerably younger than alot of the Expat wives here in Oman. They don't like the age difference but I don't see it like that.

Anyways, my birthday started off like this:


Me: "So what do you have planned for me today?"
Hubby: "I don't know, what do you want to do today?"
Me: "So you really don't have anything planned?"
Hubby: "No, what did you want me to plan?"
**Cue big exhale huff of breath and followed by tears**

So my day started off with tears, pretty standard on my birthday with the whole "its my party and I'll cry if I want to" thing, it's my day and I'll throw whatever toys I want out of this metaphorical pram that I want. Hubby starts to get angry at me being a brat and that he isn't going to win against this birthday monster that has developed over night so he gives in and is nice to me, winner!

                         This looked like me!





Hubby decides that I need to get out of my comfort zone and he is going to take me on a jet ski, ummm okay... I've never had the urge to go on a jet ski but I'm running the risk of him stomping out the door and leaving me all alone on my birthday so I put my happy face on and think of the exciting prospect of taking my new underwater camera, yeahhhhh! (Oh yeah he did get me a pretty decent present so he's not the total arse I make him out to be, I just like moaning hee hee).











This is us all ready to go off on our jet skii's, then I realise I've never done this before and I'm kinda scared..



Colin goes zipping off into the distance, he has literally been on these jet skii's every Friday for the past 4 weeks. I think it's an attempt to show me it would be cheaper if he bought his own one. I hate to admit but he was pretty good on them.


Me doing some granny style driving..


Can you spot the show off??

So after our jet ski's it was time to head home to my little dog zoo I have going on just now, we have a very busy house with Penny and 3 other pups staying. Thankfully as I type now they are all asleep at my feet. After the 6am walk, breakfast then playtime there is a peaceful couple of hours where they all find a quiet spot and have a snooze. They are so cute when they are asleep :-)



In the evening we went out to Left Bank for birthday dinner and this drink was well deserved after my week of chasing pups about! Only one though for me, Sensible Jeff!


Neither of us had been to Left Bank before and it was a great experience, the food was amazing!! - For people in Muscat, the Left Bank is the place on the hill with Mumtaz, next to Qurum Natural Gardens and definitely worth a visit.

This was my yummy Thai Green curry and Colin had a steak which he claimed was the best he ever had in his life - he eats alot of steak!
Every time I turn this photo round the correct way it switches back so you will just have to ignore that and tilt your head to the right slightly please...super..


The meal was lovely and really nice to spend some quality husband and wife time together as Colin has been so busy at work lately. But he did very well and I had a nice day.

To round the day off I got to Skype my nephews back home in Scotland with tears in my eyes as they sang me Happy Birthday. It was a bit tougher than I imagined having my first birthday away from family and friends so I got a tad emotional at points, I expect Christmas day to be a day of major tears then!

My dear friend sent me this which summed us both up, genius!